Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Taking life as it comes

This post is a sequel enduring with my present state of mind. The topic of ‘how people take/accept life’ has always left me bamboozled. A close relative dropped in this evening and his approach to life puzzled me beyond question .He was sharing that he deals with life as it comes within the framework of his knowledge, capabilities and spirit. While on one end, I was surprised by his practical, rational, self-accepting spirit towards life, my mind started wandering around the other kind of people, the most “frequent” kind; People who are never pleased with anything good that life brings and always look ahead for more and more. Soon we are born, we start dreaming, our people start dreaming for us. Its a struggle where everyday we manage to live to tell the tale to others. And the next day, we would but be a step closer towards our grave. There is an element of competition; of aspiration inherent in every venture we undertake whether it is music, education, profession, business, marriage. We always seek to outsmart the people around us. We envision life to be of certain “brand” and when we fall short of our expectations and the expectations that people situate for us , a stance of negativism begins to creep in and life becomes painful and difficult to deal with.

Not to discourage the readers who have high levels of sanguinity and expectations from life. Dealing with life the way it comes doesn’t depict a life without goals. It just means that we remain more practical and less cutthroat when it comes to comparison with a peer. There should remain a spirit of competition, an element of struggle, but the yardstick being our own capabilities a day prior and the struggle to outdo our yesterday’s abilities and be a better “we” tomorrow. If I can code an assembly which is atleast 5% more optimized than my yesterday’s work, I am a better “me” today. If I can riaz for fifteen mins more than yest, I can consider myself a better singer than what I was yesterday. Easily said than done! Once we start accepting life without staying in a stuck state of mind and not judging everything that comes in way, we would be stepping in the right and easy trail. Everything needn’t be judged or interfered.The earlier we comprehend that life is a package of surprises both positives and negatives, we would know that it does not matter how well we plan or live our life, we will find our-self learning thru it everyday.

No comments: