Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

No Name

I wish I could go back in time when the biggest change round the corner was getting up at 5:30 am to keep on time to the bus. Life has pampered me more than it should have. I am a creature who finds comfort in the enduring phases of life though they might not be as fascinating to the rest. I don’t believe in skating all thro’ the year; I love to pause-by and enjoy every split second of this beautiful life. Simple pleasures like playing with a balloon, sipping a cup of tea sitting on the stairs outdoor, watching the color of a growing leaf turn deeper by days, a board of carom with grandpa, lazy evening walk with mamma, a cuddled sleep with my teddy and heaps more fill my kitty than a giant certificate.

This time around - deep within, there is a resistance for change, tats been the case with me always though - "fear of unknown" or "fear of stepping out of the comfort zone". I do not know! But then thats life all about...Changes come every few years. While some go unnoticed letting us adapt seamlessly, some need towers, tall enough for a seamless transition. After all mind is a petty one and I fully comprehend if it can’t figure the cargo.

The post would be incomplete if I don’t script this one from Jiddu K... He has bemused me many a times, all the same, has lit the path to inward journey... (Not sure which station I am in now:))...Each line of his gets me thinking. I seem to stop reading and start thinking –meaning I ideally haven’t taken off on my expedition yet :)

Here it goes:
"It seems to me that the real problem is the mind itself and not the problem which the mind has created and tries to solve. If the mind is petty, small, narrow, limited, however great and complex the problem may be, the mind approaches that problem in terms of its own pettiness...Though it has extraordinary capacities and is capable of invention, of subtle, cunning thought, the mind is still petty. It may be able to quote Marx, or the Gita, or some other religious book, but it is still a small mind, and a small mind confronted with a complex problem can only translate that problem in terms of itself, and therefore the problem, the misery increases. So the question is: Can the mind that is small, petty, be transformed into something which is not bound by its own limitations?"

Having said that, I know life s beautiful and am sure its gonna get better with time :)

No comments: