Pages

Monday, April 23, 2007

Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Mind is a terrible thing to be wasted

Mind is a terrible thing to be wasted.

Doing some monotonous work is as good as wasting mind ;there is nothing creative for the mind to think about or work on.I have a feeling that 90% of the Software Engineers feel so at some time or other.

I see that my parents who have been working for over 25 years in the same organization have more enthusiasm in their work than me who has been in the Software Industry for the last 1 yr and more .I dont blame the industry; but thats how it is.One day I go to office with all enthu thinking about the solution to a bug keen on fixing it.Once fixed till some other challenge comes up, life would be so monotonous and boring that everything would seem grey.

I read quite often in dailys and magazines about a software Engineer turning into a farmer or rearing animals, thats basically doing something that is close to his heart than doing something that would garland him with lots of notes.It needs great guts to do something like that.I bet those guys who changed their proffession would have made enough money that they would be ready to spend the rest of their life doing something their heart likes to do.Show me one person who would say NO to money.Everyone wants quick money and thats what the Software Industry gives.Just a few lines of code copy-pasted would fetch u really quick and flowing money.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.This is the irony.

1 comment:

Anup said...

Its almost 3 and a half years now ..You are still wasting your mind .....